Sunday, May 06, 2007

2 Weekends...

We went into NYC and CT 2 weekends ago, and to CT this weekend...lotsa travel...I have some pictures to share...I'll be brief...



We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with Ben for the first time...we were heavy into the Egypt section...Ben loves mummies, and I love the layout of the Temple of Dendur...


My Grandma, Ben's Great-Grandmother, turned 97 on the 24th, after the museum, we visited with Grandma to wish her a happy birthday...


The next morning, we took Ben up to Grand Central Station to meet Muz...they took the train (a first for Ben) out to CT while Gail and I hung out in the city!!!


We walked them down onto the train...


And saw them off...


This weekend, Ben and I headed down to CT and visited with muz and fuz...


And Maggie, who ended up coming home with us at the end of the weekend...she's a sweety!!!


We visited the beach on Cream Hill Lake, Ben stripped down to his shorts and noodled around in the water for a while with Maggie...


Muz made a great picnic for all of us, plus some friends from down the road...Ben really enjoyed the biggest tiny tomato in the world...


After lunch, we went up the hill to let Ben jump on his first trampoline...just to make it extra special, we found one of the old-fashioned kinds without all of those ridiculous safety features that run rampant in this over-protective age...he had a great time...


We watered and turned the compost, and Ben watered me!


On the drive home, Maggie took a nap on Ben's lap...take a moment to appreciate my ability to take a stellar photo over my shoulder while driving in excess of 90 mph (I kid...)


We got home, and set up her crate, but she was much too tense to calm down enough to check it out...again, I kid...



Watching TV later, Maggie and Cedar were snuggling up with Gail on the couch, enjoying "Brothers and Sisters", each of them enjoying their new brother or sister...


2 great weekends, but I wouldn't say no to a weekend at home next weekend...plus "28 Weeks Later" (a potentially great zombie movie!!!) is coming out on the 11th...maybe a babysitter...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Are you SURE you don't want to give Maggie to us????