Sunday, July 27, 2008

July comes to an end...

We've been busy during the time since the last update, and I didn't always have my camera with me to record the events, but we made a run down to Blue Mountain Lake to visit the Adirondack Museum, went on a bunch of paddle trips, saw "Dark Knight" (loved it, but Ben won't be seeing it until he's 25), and moved into a new camp on Moody Pond...


My Auntie Ann came to visit with her son and daughter, Jon and Mandy, and their wives, Frances and Dorothy...it was a great visit, and we had them all out to Camp Sunrise a couple of times for food and some paddling...


Ben loved getting to spend some time with this part of his family which he hasn't seen enough of, to date, a situation that he has made plans to remedy...


Ben made a spectacular lime pie, with some help from Muz, and it was a big hit at the dinner the night that everyone came over...


We celebrated Gail's birthday on the 24th, starting with gifts and coffee at 6am...Ben picked out this lovely necklace for his mommy, spending a lot of time and energy picking out exactly the right present for her when we went shopping together...later, Gail and I went to a movie and a great dinner at "Charlie's" in Lake Placid...


While we were doing that, everyone else went out to dinner at "Tail of the Pup" a fun barbecue place in Raybrook...


I took these final 3 pictures on the last morning at Camp Sunrise...it was a fun month at this super camp, and we look forward to coming back again next year...


I call the shot above, "pepperjack"...


A committee of me named this picture, "bib lettuce"...

Blogger's note: not really...I just feel as though every picture should have some text attached to it...

No comments: