Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mid-December

We're deep in the middle of December, and the weather is yo-yo-ing...warm and cold, wet and dry...the house is feeling festive, thanks to Gail...Penny continues to grow into a lovely choco-lab...Ben is excited about heading down to NYC later in the month...



Ben likes watching the fire in our upstairs fireplace...

Yesterday was the Lake Clear School Holiday Program, with shows at 10am and 1pm (I went to the 10am show, and Gail went to both shows)...



The little school (K-3) only has about 45 kids, so they could all fit up on the risers for the group songs at the end...



Ben's class did a couple of great songs...


He even got to introduce one of them, along with his friends Brennan and David...


The building-principal, Mr. Dora, sang a song with the 2nd graders...


Although I tried to keep an open mind, I'm something of a traditionalist when it comes to Elementary School Christmas shows, and the "Elfis" show didn't entirely work for me, despite the flawless performance and cuteness of the entire 3rd grade...


The group numbers at the end were wonderful, seeing all of the kids in the school sing some holiday classics...and poke each other...and wave at parents...I almost injured myself with my smiling...




Here is a video of the Lake Clear Elementary School students singing, "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer".

No comments: