Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mt. Baker

Ben and I met some friends of his to climb Mt. Baker today...


It;s about a mile up and (somewhat obviously) the same back...we had a fun time...


It was a great day...cold and sunny...we had a nice climb, played on the summit for a while, the boys found a geocache, and then as the clouds rolled in, we made a quick descent...


It was a fun day, and I got to try out a new camera...my old waterproof one has finally bitten the dust, and I wasn't sure how big the farm was...I'm taller than Ben...so I stooped a bit...


Ben, Philip, Jacob, and Joseph...they all had fun, and we made it up and down without more than a couple of scrapes...


It was pretty up o top of the mountain, with great views in all directions...

I love this action-shot of Ben during the descent...he slipped on some wet leaves just when the camera took this picture...



The boys and I all had a great time on the mountain today, and Ben is looking forward to future mountains...we live in a great place...

No comments: