Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More July Fun!

It's been a fun month in the sun...


Sarah on the dock at Camp Sunrise with Gail and Ben in their kayaks in the background...


Ben and Ayla noodling around in the water...


Trying to dump her off and into the water...


Kids and dogs in the water on the 4th...


Ben and Autumn and Ayla jumping off of the raft...


Ben and the girls up on the boathouse roof-deck...


A pretty sunset with a weird cigar-shaped cloud...


Sarah and Wendy enjoying the afternoon up on the boathouse above the water...


Ben and I went out paddling pretty mch every day, this day we went out for a morning paddle to Tommy's Rock, we bought breakfast along...


It was a gorgeous morning for a paddle, and Ben and I took a serpentine route out to Tommy's Rock to enjoy the morning and explore the newfound freedom of paddling your own boat...


We dragged our boats up on the island, happy to be the only ones out that early in the morning...


Ben played with some toys and explored the island a bit before we enjoyed our picnic breakfast...


I set up the hammock chair between a couple of trees, and enjoyed the shade and the breeze and the sounds and smells of the lake while reading a fun book about...zombies...


Later on in the morning, Ben took a break from running around and swimming, and ate some Smartfood and chillaxed in the hammock...


When we finally took off again to head home, Ben surprised me by disappearing to circle the island while I launched myself...we marco polo'd for a bit, but eventually hooked up again...he is very confident on the water and in his kayak...


He loves the freedom and grownupness of being able to choose his own route and pace...


We've had a great time paddling this summer, and are planning another paddle-camping trip with Gail and Ben and I...


I also took a bunch of paddle-trips with my dad, while they were still here...this is a huge culvert under a set of traintracks leading from Rainbow Lake to Lake Kushaqua in Onchiota...


I also took a super trip with some friends from ZSNY through the Saranac Lakes...


We did hammock camping, which made for a great tent village each night...

More pics to come, as I continue trying to clean up and catch up with my pictures...

No comments: