Saturday, June 02, 2007

Summer?

Ben and I faced a morning of rain and haze and yuck, but it got a little nicer around noon, and with an early lunch in our bellies, we headed over to Hoel Pond to break in the month of June.


Maggie went swimming after a bunch of sticks...


Ben went into splash around a bit, and some inadvertent swimming when he tripped in his slightly too big crocs...


Maggie kept swimming out to check on Ben, and Ben loved throwing sticks for Maggie...it was cute watching the 2 of them play together in the water...


We headed out after about an hour of play in the chilly water, and Maggie was asleep before we got out to the main road (she's asleep now, snoring like a roomful of growling bears and idling chainsaws)...


Ben and I went for ice cream at Donnelly's, the flavor of the day was Strawberry-Vanilla twist...it was awesome...once I ate most of the ice cream out of my cone, I gave the rest to Maggie...once she woke up (when I put the cone right under her nose, you could see it twitching for a bit, and then her eyes shot open like I stuck a fork in her) she couldn't believe her luck, and when the cone was gone (1.37 seconds later), she was so grateful/happy that she kept stretching her neck out to give me kisses all the way home...

We're living large with Mom out of town, Ben has asked for McD's for supper, and has announced (with much fanfare) his plans to try the...


Filet-o-Fish...

Life in Lake Clear is pretty much like life everywhere else, except our cool-dial goes to "11"...and it's pegged this weekend...

3 comments:

Gail Gibson Sheffield said...

I WANT TO COME HOME!!!! You guys rock, I can smell wet dog from here!

BTW: spelling error "we headed out abut..." under the Maggie sleeping pic...

Love you guys!!!! Keep blogging please!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing....wasn't the water cold. My but you folks are a hardy lot...both boy and dog!

mllewang said...

we have GOT TO BE RELATED. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the filet o fish...