Saturday, November 03, 2007

Chilly Saturday Fun

It was chilly this morning, and there was a nice hard frost on everything, including our big and little Adirondack Chairs...


Ben has been invited to the birthday party of a kindergarten-friend of his, so we headed out to Lake Placid to do some shopping and playing...


We poked around some of the stores in town and were generally uninspired until we found a cool animal-morphing toy/game that allows you to mix and match different parts to make neat combination animals...Ben made a cool parrot/snake/dinosaur/flamingo/fish thing...


We played with the stuff on the floor of the toystore for about 1/2 an hour, having a great time putting together lots of different scary (and silly) beasts...



This was my best creation...a horned insect/bird/dragon that Ben quickly field-stripped in his beastie-making "chop shop"...needless to say, Cullen will be getting an animal-morphing set...his is made up of the mixed parts of 6 of our favorite dinosaurs...


After we paid for the present, we went for a celebratory visit to my favorite Starbucks in the Adirondacks (yes...it's the only Starbucks in the Adirondacks)...here you can see Ben in a "Happy Coma" brought on by the rainbow cookie and fancy orange soda...

I was spartan by contrast, eschewing my regular Venti Vanilla Latte for a plain old cup of coffee...I chose poorly...I make a better cup of coffee at home and I missed the tricky goodness of my usual Starbucks extravagance...lesson learned...


Next, we headed over to the playground at the Lake Placid Elementary School, an old favorite of ours and had a great time...afterwards we went to McDonald's for lunch and then home by way of the video store (we're watching Spiderman 3 as I'm typing this)...the weather is closing in, I'm about to start a fire and head upstairs to make some tea and cocoa...

A nearly perfect Saturday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell by that bottle of orange soda that it is an Izze Soda! My favorite drinks! We sell them at Costco ($10.99 for 12 bottles).

What a fun day you had. Those kinds of days are the best days to be had.

SkullGirl

Anonymous said...

Ben looks like he's having fun. I'm burning with envy at the H.I. pool. It's cold here in Minnesota!

Hugs to BEN!