Monday, October 13, 2008

Cornwall Weekend

Ben and I headed down to Connecticut to visit with Muz and D, but on the way down we stopped off to meet with some other officers of the newly formed NY chapter of Zombie Squad to drop off a $700 check with the American Red Cross of Northeastern New York for their "Save the Day" program...


From left to right you can see Kevin, Derek, Christine Powers (of the Red Cross), and me...

Ben and I got to Cornwall in time for some reading and dinner and bed...



The next morning Penny got me up a long time before everyone else, and so we watched "Pitch Black" on hulu.com and drank strong coffee for a while...


Ben decided on an early morning bath, and Penny helped out...



D got Ben a sour candy spray, which Ben loved/hated...



We took the dogs down to the Hollenbeck River to throw some sticks for the dogs...there aren't many other pics from Saturday because I took a nap...


Saturday we celebrated Muz's birthday at the Wandering Moose, a favorite restaurant in West Cornwall...a great time was had by all...we couldn't finish the cake (in case you were wondering)...


Sunday was a mellow morning again, Penny and I read instead of hulu-ing again...


We went to a booksale at the Public Library in Cornwall, and afterwards played at the cute little playground...


Ben likes the roundabout, especially wobbly-walking afterwards...


I got all of these books at the library sale...please note the awesome Nepali phrasebook...


Ben got all of these books at the sale, he was out of luck when it came to Nepali phrasebooks...


We walked down to the river again for more swimming with the hounds...


Later on, we drove over to Creamhill Lake for some serious dog-swimming and Ben play on the beach...


Penny came home exhausted and slept in a tight and tiny ball of chocolate cuteness...


Ben helped D mow the lawn and leaves...



They had an awesome time...



Sunday night, we went to Fuji, a super-fun Hibachi restaurant in Torrington, the Tokyo of the Northwest corner of CT...we always have a good time...the guys squirts saki into the adults' mouths, and then flips chunks of food towards/into everyones' mouths...I am like a trained seal in my uncanny ability to faultlessly catch food thrown at me...the video above shows our chef making an onion volcano!!!


Here are Muz and D and Ben and Penny leaving me to my own devices for a night on the town...I went to a movie in town before heading home to join them and give the sleeping Ben a kiss...I saw "Quarantine", a superb remake of a foreign zombie-ish movie that scared the bejeebers out of me, and that I was kind enough to include a trailer of (see below)...



We had a really fun weekend!

No comments: