Monday, July 06, 2009

Finding windows in the weather

It rained this morning, and is raining again this afternoon, but there was a window of nice weather in the middle of the day, so after lunch Ben and I went down to the lake to enjoy the sunshine and splash around a bit...


We were having a great time just fooling around, and then we started playing with a huge inflatable tube that was awesome fun...we threw it at each other, flipped it around, and took turns diving off of the dock at it from various distances...


I started spinning it around as fast as I could, and found that as long as he doesn't actually drown, Ben has lots of fun being spun off of this thing at high speed...


Getting it whipping in one direction and then bracing/grabbing/reversing as a surprise had the highest level of success in sending him flying off and into the water...he always came back up to the surface, laughing and sputtering (although not always in that order)...


Despite the lessons I had learned from watching him on the thing, he finally convinced me to try it out, and he spun me as hard as he could...I helped centripetal forces out by sliding to the edge, and...


Eventually tipped over, splashing down almost right on top of him...he still thought that it was fun...


Gail was theoretically working for PSC and on her Doctorate on the boathouse deck up above, but got all of these pictures, and gave them to me to put in the blog...

No comments: