Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kayaking with Ben

Ben and I went for a paddle this morning, he took a kayak this time, and seemed more comfortable than he had been in the little canoe the last few times...


It's a big boat, but he was able to move it pretty well...


We paddled out to Green Island, found our favorite spot taken, and moved on along the shore, looking for another place to stop and stretch, and enjoy a snack of Strawberry Newtons and Tootsie Pops and some water...one of the joys of the solo boat is being able to explore the shore close up, and Ben and I took full advantage of the opportunity...


We found a nice big erratic in the shallows, with cool logs and clean sand all around, so we designated it our picnic spot...the boats were tied to a log, bobbing nervously when motorboats went by, like horses in cheesy westerns...


Ben doesn't kid around about Tootsie Pops...


After stretching and snacking and exploring the shoreline a bit, we got back in our boats and headed back to camp and lunch...

1 comment:

Wendie Miles said...

“Hey, I’m a new blogger you can find me here at this url, http:best-gps-for-geocaching. Since your site is very related to mine; I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange. Please let me know if you’re interested.” Contact me by email at laniedills@gmail.com.
Thanks,
Lanie